This educational app for preschool-aged children uses machine learning to provide relevant learning content to every child. I have been working as a software engineer on this project since early 2018.
- App activity development: I’ve used C#, Unity, and a custom content manager to design, implement, and iterate upon learning activities.
- Level design: Based on curriculum standards, I’ve used spreadsheets, developed custom Python tooling, and worked with a custom content manager to plan and create a scalable, educational level progression. Iterated upon progression based on user testing.
- CRM automation: Using Python, I’ve built upon and developed new integrations between various AWS services, SQL databases, and a CRM frontend. This includes: user scoreboards, payment reminders, and an automated customer-facing messaging system that gives users information about their usage data.
EiE.org (Drupal, Hubspot)
This national curriculum site serves 500k visitors/year. It allows teachers, administrators, and other educational professionals to learn about teaching engineering at the elementary level and to learn about our suite of free/paid curricula and supporting resources. I worked on this website between 2014 and 2018.
- Webmaster: Oversaw content creation, revisions, re-organizations.
- Redesign Manager: Lead re-architecture/redesign project. Liaised with OHO Interactive, internal stakeholders, and designers in agile process. Oversaw site-wide content revision.
- Marketer: Managed implementation of Hubspot marketing platform with 50k subscriber list. Coordinated with Communications team to send out large mailings, blog posts, and Smart workflows.
- Developer: Coded mobile responsive Hubspot landing page templates, new email templates, and a new blog template (working with designers and from scratch)
EiE Digital Storybook Platform (Heroku)
This browser-based platform was designed to serve 140k educators by providing them with a customizable storybook experience to extend their teaching of the Engineering is Elementary curriculum. For this curriculum’s companion storybooks, this platform offers abridged versions, translations, text-to-speech read-alouds, accessibility options, interactive pop-outs, a digital glossary, and teacher-to-student sharing functionality. I worked with the development team for this platform from 2016 to 2018.
- Technical Coordinator: Oversaw integration of platform with existing online presence. Facilitated connection between storybook platform and POS system.
- Designer: Created mock-ups, wireframes, and designs for functionality of platform. Conducted market research to determine needs and best practices. Worked with developers to fine-tune UX, UI, and brand adherence.
- Pilot Coordinator: Coordinated beta tests. Observed platform use in classrooms. Aided in creation of bug reporting functionality and feedback forms.
- QA: Found and reported bugs in cross-platform usability tests.